Sports Massage – Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham
Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including; muscles, tendons and ligaments. Sports massage is an important part of self-care and injury prevention for not only elite athletes, but also those who engage in regular amateur level sports, attend the gym or undertake a job that requires repetitive or sustained postures to be adopted.
Sports Massage Treatment at Resolve Physiotherapy
The techniques used by sports massage therapists at Resolve physiotherapy in Sutton Coldfield have been developed to ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each treatment.
Sports massage may:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste – including lactic acid build up post activity commonly referred to as delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue where required
- Assist in the mental preparation for sporting participation
- Reduce pain associated with muscle soreness or stiffness
These benefits can also relieve many day to day problems that we often experience such as repetitive strain indues, sprains, tension and fatigue. Our sports massage therapists are trained at degree level and work with a variety of clients offering preventative treatments and help in sports recovery. The therapists at Resolve physiotherapy will ensure that you receive an individually tailored, high quality massage. If you are a sports performer, sports massage can be beneficial at various stages of participation. For example:
- The conditioning/training phase
- Pre competition
- Inter competition
- Post travel
- Post competition
- Injury prevention
- Injury recovery
We are able to identify anyone for whom sports massage would be ill advised or detrimental to their short or long term well-being. We will assess each individual, provide massage using appropriate techniques and advise on alternative action if required. We have our highly recommended sports therapists onsite at our clinic based in Streetly Village, Sutton Coldfield 6 days a week, with evening appointments available for your convenience.